Winter Fitness Fun
Jackson County offers a wide range of activities to keep you and your family active during the winter. Check out some of the great offerings below:
Cross Country Skiing
- The Black River State Forest has 25 miles of cross-country ski trails. The trails are groomed for skaters and traditional skiers and provide a variety of skill levels, from beginner to expert. (Trail Map)
- Wazee Lake Recreation Area provides 11 miles of ungroomed cross-country ski trails, just east of Black River Falls. (Trail Map)
- Skyline Golf Course in Black River Falls offers cross county skiing. For more information, call 715-284-2613.
Snowshoeing, Sledding, and More...
- Lunda Community Park in Black River Falls offers snow tubing, sledding, a skate pond, warming building and refreshments. For more information, call (715) 284-7606.
- Skyline Golf Course in Black River Falls offers snowshoeing, cross county skiing, and a sledding hill. For more information, call 715-284-2613.
- Wazee Lake Recreation Area offers trails for snowshoeing.